Attorneys & Staff
Dwaine Williamson, Esquire
Dwaine Williamson, Esq. has represented clients successfully in areas as diversified as major criminal charges, personal injury, civil lawsuits against Fortune 500 and government entities in both Federal and New Jersey State courts, appellate practice where the attorney must argue the appeal before a multi-Judge panel, divorces, DWI defenses and both residential and commercial real estate closings just to name a few. Mr. Williamson is admitted to practice law in The State of New Jersey and in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (Federal Court).
He is a graduate of Georgetown University's distinguished School of Foreign Service in Washington, D.C. where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in International Politics. He earned his Juris Doctor degree at Rutgers University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY LAW
B.S. International Politics
Activities & Affiliations
• Councilman, Municipality of Princeton, New Jersey (January 2019 to Present)
• Deacon and Former Chairman, Finance Committee, Mount Sinai SDA Church (Served as Finance Committee Chairman until December 2017)
• Brother and Former Keeper of Records, Trenton Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (Served as Keeper of Records until December 2016)
• Former First Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Princeton Community Democratic Organization (Served until March 2018)
• Former Committeeman for District 22, Princeton Democratic Municipal Committee (Served until December 2018)
• Former Trustee, Board of Trustees, Mercer County Community College (Served until December 2018)
• Former Member, Princeton Planning Board (Served until December 2018)
• Former Member, Advisory Board, Witherspoon-Jackson Development Corporation (Served until December 2018)
• Former Director, Board of Directors, Children's Futures (Served until December 2018)
• State of New Jersey
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (Federal Court)
Awards and Recognitions
• 2018 Mercer County Community College Board of Trustees Resolution of Appreciation
• 2018 Caribbean/African-American Legions Community Service Award at Jamaica’s 56th Independence Anniversary Celebration
• 2018 Fathers and Men United for a Better Trenton Unsung Hero Humanitarian Award
• 2018 Trenton Youth Basketball Appreciation Award
• 2017 National Congress of Black Women, Trenton/Mercer County Chapter Outstanding Community Service Award
• 2017 United States Congress Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
• 2017 New Jersey State Senate and General Assembly Joint Legislative Resolution
• 2017 Mercer County Executive Proclamation of Recognition
• 2017 Mercer County Board of Chosen Freeholders Certificate of Honor
• 2017 Trenton City Council Certificate of Recognition
• 2017 Mercer County Surrogate Certificate of Recognition
• 2017 Mercer County Clerk Certificate of Recognition
• 2017 Mercer County Human Relations Council Thank You Certificate
• 2016 Tre Devon Lane Foundation Thank You Award
• 2015 United States Congress Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
• 2015 New Jersey Senate and State Assembly Citation
• 2015 Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Polemarch’s Service Award
• 2015 UIH Family Partners Platinum Dads Award
• 2015 Committed and Faithful Princetonians Certificate of Achievement
• 2014 Tre Devon Lane Foundation Thank You Award
Princess Hoagland, MBA
Princess Hoagland, MBA has over 15 years of corporate management experience working in the financial and manufacturing industries and brings an enhanced perspective to the practice of law. Her attention to detail and interpersonal ability serve to provide the firm’s clientele with the highest level of professional and confidential care available.
Ms. Hoagland holds an Associate of Science degree in General Business from Mercer County Community College, a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration from Rider University.
B.S., Business Administration
Activities & Affiliations
•Not in Our Town - Princeton, Chair
•Urban Mental Health Alliance, Vice President
•The Trent House Association, Trustee
•The Campaign to End the New Jim Crow - Greater Trenton
•The Citizens Campaign Trenton Civic Trust, Trustee/Facilitator
•Fisher/Richey/Perdicaris Historic District Civic Association, Committee Member
Awards and Recognitions
•2019 New Jersey State Governor’s Jefferson Award and Martin Luther King Drum Major for Justice Recognition
•2019 Mercer County Woman of Achievement for Volunteerism Award
•2019 Capital City Area Black Caucus Women Who Get it Done Award
Dwaine Williamson, Esq. has represented clients succesfully in areas as diversified as major criminal charges, personal injury, civil lawsuits against Fortune 500 and government entities in both Federal and New Jersey State courts, appellate practice where the attorney must argue the appeal before a multi-Judge panel, divorces, DWI defenses and both residential and commercial real estate closings just to name a few. He even serves as an on-call Public Defender for both the City of Trenton's Municipal Court and the State of New Jersey's Superior Court. He believes that law exists both for our protection and to provide us the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness rooted in the Declaration of Independence. Therefore, all of us should know what parts of the law are available to us to achieve the goals of our lives. He prides himself on his ability to make the complexities of law easier to understand so that his clients can apply it to their own circumstances and assist them in achieving the American dream.
Mr. Williamson began his professional career in both Marketing and Financial Consulting at such Wall Street giants as Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney. He saw helping others with their financial circumstances through the practice of law as a natural progression from assisting others achieve their financial dreams through Wall Street investment products.
Today, as a civil action litigation attorney with an emphasis on Personal Injury, Mr. Williamson works to have his clients achieve the best disposition of their cases. He is ready and willing to file the appropriate documents, negotiate with other law firms and go to trial, if necessary, in order to get his clients acceptable results.
Mr. Williamson is admitted to practice law in The State of New Jersey and in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (Federal Court). He is a graduate of Georgetown University's distinguished School of Foreign Service in Washington, D.C. where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in International Politics. He earned his Juris Doctor degree at Rutgers University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey.
Born on the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he has resided in New Jersey for many years and became a naturalized United States citizen in 1994. He appreciates this privilege and would like to help others achieve their proper portion of the benefits that America has to offer.
He is a 2014 recipient of a Tre Devon Lane Foundation award, a 2015 recipient of the Kappa Alpha Psi Chapter Polemarch's Service Award, a 2015 recipient of a Platinum Dads Award from UIH Family Partners, the oldest existing non-profit organization in the State of New Jersey, a 2015 recipient of a New Jersey State Senate and Assembly Citation and a 2015 recipient of an United States Congress Service Award.
He is a consummate community advocate and has been invited to speak at many local engagements. He has sat on panels discussing the effect of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on American society at the New Jersey State House in Trenton. He has tutored for Community Scholars in Trenton. He has served as the keynote speaker at the Mercer County Community College Youth College awards and recognition ceremony in West Windsor. As a featured speaker to our community's youth, he has delivered the keynote address of the graduations of both PJ Hill Elementary and Monument Elementary Schools in Trenton and has also touched the lives of students of Parker Elementary and Joyce Kilmer Elementary Schools. He serves as both a Deacon and the Chairman of the Finance Committee at the Mount Sinai SDA Church in Trenton. He is a proud brother of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity where he serves as Keeper of Records of the Trenton Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi. He is a Democratic Party Committeeman who represents District 22 in Princeton. He has been appointed by the Mayor of Princeton and approved by Princeton Municipal Counsel to serve as a Member of the 11-member Princeton Planning Board, which oversees the municipality's master plan and approves or denies new land use applications.
Mr. Williamson is married to Trina Williamson who is an elementary school teacher. They have three children: Dwaine II, Leah and Raina. They reside in Princeton, NJ.
Get in touch
We at The Williamson Law Firm know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.